Monday, July 28, 2014

Running of the Bulls

Firstly, my typing skills are flying out the window. I got to know the backspace bar very well this email.

Well I obviously hit my year mark! We ate the funfetti pancakes with bacon and eggs and the 1 year candle. :) Turns out that our city had a running of the bulls that morning too! So we ran outside to see that. I tried to fit the photos, even zipped, but they didn´t fit. I sat on the fence and got great videos. When I get home I´ll show you the videos. You get to see all the types of guys who run from the bulls. There´s the guys who casually jog in front of everyone, the guys who run normally, the guys who bail out when the bulls get close, and my favorite are the guys right in front of the bulls who are sprinting with adrenaline powered legs and have a face of panic. On one of the videos I got there was a guy who was missed being gored by a bull by a few inches because he jumped onto the fence at the last second. But it was pretty dang awesome to see that cliché Spanish culture even though it´s not in Pamplona. Oh, and Hermana Vargas who is from Cádiz (Side note. I thought Cádiz was pronounced Cah-DEEZ. It´s CAH-deeth.) told us the reason nobody got hurt was because the one in Pamplona is long and people get gored on the corners because they´re the hardest. We didn´t see the bull fight because I´d rather see a soccer game than a bull fight and those are just stupidly gorey. We ate lunch at Burger King and at night I burned a shirt according to tradition. Don´t worry Mom, it already had a burn from the iron so it wasn´t wasted. I learned many things that night. Don´t fold shirts that you want to burn all the way, it takes a long time. And buttons are very flammable. And we might have had to call the fire department. Just kidding! It was all on an old cookie sheet so nothing bad happened.
By the way, I don´t think I´ve mentioned who´s in my district before. Obviously I´m here. My companion, Elder Weeks, is from South Jordan. Hermana Manner is from Rexburg, Idaho and is ending very soon. Her companion is Hermana Peña Vargas from Cádiz, Spain. Danny would love her because she´s one of those people who pronounces all S´s like Th´s. Elder Sargent is from Fruit Heights (It´s near Kaysville) Utah. Elder Muller was born in Argentina but moved to the states when he was 5 so he´s basically American and he lives in Pleasant Grove. And speaking of my district, there´s transfers next Saturday so I´ll know what´s happening by the next time I write. There´s definitely a chance of me moving. And in September the biggest group of the year like my group is coming in September so that makes transfers interesting.

So, we don´t have much work, but we have a few potencial baptisms. But one lady wants to be extra sure, two of them are super solid kids but the best we can get from permission from their parents in a date in a few months. One man lives forever away and is very sick, and then basically the rest won´t answer their phones. So we don´t have much to report on but what we have is good. I also get to know the streets very well. The only other thing we do is visit this cute little old couple in the ward to make sure they´re ok. The wife is 98 and the husband is 95 so they´re struggling sometimes but they´re sweet. The ward takes good care of them at church and some people visit them to help.

The farewell party was for Hermana Seastrand who was in Barrio 8/Vallecas in the beginning of my mission. And Heather and Wesley probably are wondering if I asked if she´s related to Mr. Seastrand from Orem High and yes, he is her uncle. Small world.

Well I´m already kind of exhausted and my companion has been waiting for me for a while so I gotta split. I´ll send photos next week! I love you all loads!

Os quiero un montón,
-Elder Morgan the Younger

No comments:

Post a Comment