Monday, July 7, 2014

Revelations

I haven´t had a p-day with nothing in a long time. It´s always been a trip or sports or something else that takes up most of the day. Today we are just cruising at our own pace and I have plenty of time to write. I´ve sort of followed the pattern of the the New Testament books by getting smaller and smaller. Well, here´s Revelations! Although not as profound, confusing, or prophetic. 

Well, in a year from now I will have left Spain and be on my home. AAAHHH! That´s scary. It was just yesterday that we were talking in the MTC about how the World Cup would be our halfway point. My mind is so confused. It seems like time doesn´t exist. If I ever talk about things that I happened before the mission I don´t account for the time on the mission and talk like today is the first day of the mission. It's also amazing to be hitting my year IN the mission on the 24th. 

Well the 4th of July was exciting but not. I made a boss American breakfast of lots of eggs and well cooked bacon and toast and a giant box (They come in 1 liter man-juice-box sizes here) of orange juice. We went up to the other elder´s piso because they had an American flag drawn on their whiteboard and we sang the Star-Spangled Banner loud and proud which was followed by the pledge of allegiance. For lunch we ate at a American styled restaurant called Foster´s Hollywood. Then we happened to pass by the English Family´s house and reminded them what day it is. And by the way, they want me to correct my past sins of calling them a Scottish family. They want to be called English even though they´re all a mix of Scottish, English, and Spanish. And we happened to find 8 sparklers in our closet and we lit those to finish off the day. It was all little things but we loved it.

I tried to make poppyseed bread! So, there were two problems. One, the recipe I have from home says to add 1/2 tsp. of each extract to the glaze which made it brown and taste like extract without sugar. Maybe also because the almond extract comes in 2 mL vials so it might be more powerful (Could you research that for me? They´re made by Dr. Oetker). And the ovens here cooked it weird so the knife came out clean when it was "done" but it was still pretty uncooked in some parts. But the second loaf came out partially edible and I didn´t add the extracts for that one. :)

So I had another boss European moment this week. There´s an open air market for fruit and clothing and jazz that fills the plaza here twice a week. So I went and bought peaches the old school way from a man that owned a fruit stand with coins from my coin pouch. I felt like a boss. And I bought a yierbabuena (No idea what the translation is. It´s kind of like mint) plant to grow for making herbal tea that tastes really good. So far it´s alive. On the way back from buying it some man snuck up behind me, rubbed his fingers on the the leaves, and told me that it was good and kept on turning around after walking away to give me a thumbs up. Random. 

Oh dang straight I´ve taught a class, but only English class. Our ward´s pretty solid. We´re getting a chapel in the near future, but that´s probably after I leave. But they don´t have us do much in church. In Segovia they only have 20 people so the missionaries have to do the sacrament and teach every once in a while. But so far it´s just been wards for me. Maybe later I´ll be in the branches in the north. Who knows. I´ve just given up on trying to guess. Transfers are so random, I might just get sent to Portugal.

That´s nuts to hear about all the mission calls. It´s so cool! I was happy to see people on that list you sent. Although that does mean I´ll be pretty lonely when I get back friends-wise. But it´s worth it. I´m so excited to talk to them after our missions.

Nevermind, that wasn´t Revelations status but I´ll finish the other chapters later. I love you all!

Os quiero!
-Elder Morgan the Younger

No comments:

Post a Comment