Monday, August 11, 2014

And Then There were Two...

So we excitingly started the week in our trio and a very successful day on Tuesday. Yes, we received all the investigators of the new third companion which is in our same city. So on Tuesday night we got a call from President. It turns out that a guy from Utah got his visa all of a sudden and was going to arrive to Spain on Wednesday and my former companion, Elder Weeks, was going to train him. And so it was. So we got to do the whole move upstairs in reverse again. Ya, that was a bit ridiculous. But at least our mattresses on the ground now have frames to sit on. So now I´m back to a companionship. The trio was fun for 2 and a half days. I kind of preferred it but oh well. And it´s interesting that the greenie is basically the same as Elder Weeks was at the beginning of the mission so he can relate and make him a good missionary.

Turns out, he´s a vegetarian. Those don´t do well here. There are others and like all the others, he has to just suck it up and eat what people give him to not offend people. On Sunday a family fed us each a giant slice of pot roast and so we got to see him eat a giant slice of beef. It was interesting.

Well, sadly part of all this mess up means that I will no longer be teaching my investigators even though I will be staying in Villalba. That also includes the golden investigator who wants to come to lessons with us. It´s rough not teaching them, but I guess I can get to know all these new ones instead. 

We always offer service to people on the street when we contact them and one lady actually called us for help. It´s cool to do service, but we´re wondering if she´s a witch or something because she just has lots of weird old jars full of leaves and twigs and who knows what just filling her kitchen. Either way, we helped her pack her interesting items away in boxes.

I finally made a large batch of brownies in a mug! It was for all us elders and an investigator family and it came out well. One of the ways to a person´s heart is through the stomach. And yes, it works.

Umm, I´m assuming a Super Moon is a really big looking moon? Ya, it looked pretty big yesterday. And I hesitate to say this but who´s Kara? Is she the future Stephenson baby? Sorry Heather if it is! I only heard the name once a while ago.

Like I´ve said before, I don´t like talking much about lessons or investigators´ lives, but we have a guy who has a drinking problem partially because of depression. Any ideas how to help? We obviously have done plenty to help, but does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks! 

Well I will do all in my power to add photos but this computer here is a bit sketch so I make no promises! I love you all! Have a great week!

Os quiero,
Elder Morgan the Younger

The photos worked! Here they are:

Bullfight Ring

Daniel and District - his companion Elder Weeks is in the "Y" shirt







"My first and last meeting in a catholic church because we went to an investigator´s daughter´s first communion."

The beautiful street is the most gorgeous Spanish city in the world called El Escorial. That was my first p-day in Villalba.

"The canal that runs through the city and the beautiful park at sunset."
"A shot of the beautiful valley we live in that I took from the train."
Here is the fountain at Parque Retiro when I went to a farewell party. This is the park I contacted at in the MTC.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment