Monday, April 7, 2014

Future Father?

Ya, I´m staying in Torrejón but all things are now leaning towards me leaving in 6 weeks. Although I get to do the mother´s day phone call here too! I didn´t think I could do the Christmas call and the Mother´s Day call in the same place. But, ya, I´ll probably go. Although it´s somewhat for the good. If I stay longer it will be even harder to leave later. I´ll have spent a quarter of my mission here already at the end of this transfer. We´ll see what happens. You never know.

New Companion Elder Bybee from Ogden
My new companion! Well this week isn´t the best week to describe him by. His whole district up north got really sick--some had bronchitis--and so he´s been really deathly. We went to the doctor and got meds, but he´s already infected us and most of our area is sick. It´s near impossible not to get sick when your companion is sick like that. Hopefully I don´t reach the bronchitis level. But we´re getting better! He´s pretty chill and normal. He´s from South Ogden, Utah. He´s a bit small which is weird after Elder Fisher. He seems pretty friendly. He was in the MTC with me!
With Brother Echeverry and Elder Bybee


This has been a very interesting week! I am now the one leading the area because my comp´s sick, it´s my area, and I know the area well. It was pretty rough the first couple days, but it´s gotten loads better and I feel calm again. My teaching skills can now shine because I have many more opportunities to talk! That´s one downside of before. But it´s all good now. Although I still have much to learn. It´s pretty cool being the leader, though. After this I´ll be ready for many more things! 

I was thinking about it, and I realized that most of the people from my group are probably training this summer. We make up almost a 4th of the mission and more than half the mission has been out less than a year. So comparatively, we´re old. So I´m bracing myself to become a father this summer and to raise a young'un. Who knows what will happen.

Ya, Hermana Hansen is great! She was in my first area with me! It was cool to see her again. She was kind of relieved to get out and come to a nice ward. This is kind of the state-of-rest ward. I´ve heard it´s the best ward in the mission and I´d believe it. 

Culture and Spanish? Well some culture first. It´s food, though. Here they sell boss suckers with gum inside, but the flavors are really good and some are odd like Lulo and Maracuyá which I believe are (Wild Apple? No idea) and passion fruit. I don´t have any cute little Spanish lessons. Just large concepts. Those are boring jazz. You learn so much Spanish from just talking, though. OH! Quick thing. Torrejón means really big tower so our city means Ardoz´s Big Tower I guess. And here I realized Cafe Paesan means countryman café. Paisano means countryman here.

Conference was really good! The only downside was that we didn´t see it in the stake center so we could only see it in Spanish. We´ll have to see it in English later. I´ll be able to comment more on it when I see it in English! Especially since I didn´t take notes really because I was focusing on understanding.
Photos from General Conference



For conference my companion made a dessert called slutty brownies. Odd name, but they´re really good. In a pan you put cookie dough on the bottom, cover that with oreos, and then cover all that with brownie batter and it comes out delicious. It´s a little too good. But it´s simple and I like it.

And thanks to the continued bus strike we got to walk across all of Torrejón to give a blessing at the hospital, but it was fun.It´s getting hot and I´m not ok with that, but I can´t really change that so I´ll accept it. I´m so used to winters lasting until May. I miss my beloved wintery state!

Thanks for all the updates on missions and weddings! Tell Tim to look for a woman named Veronica with a daughter named Mía and for a family with the last name Ferrari that should haev a return missionary daughter in a year. And forward the email of the máte in the toilet to Tim. Tell him it tastes like it looks. 

Thanks for always writing me, guys! I love hearing everything! I miss you loads and love you more! I´m still praying for you all!


Os quiero,
Elder Morgan the Younger

No comments:

Post a Comment