Monday, November 11, 2013

Navy Nights

Investigators are just like always. Some are on the way to baptism and some are just straight up frustrating. Some we connected with super well recently and we have great, powerful lessons with them. But the problem with Spain is that people can be really lazy. Every time we go to one investigator´s house he´s still sleeping and they have to wake him up. At 1 in the afternoon! And a lot of people can´t get up in time to go to church at 10:30. We just need people to go to church, read, and pray. It´s really simple but not many have done it. I really wish there was some sort of re-baptism for menos activos (less active members). We´re working with a lot of them and I wish the ones who are gaining a testimony now could be baptized again after they´ve been truly converted. Usually it´s pressure from the family being baptized that gets people baptized without a testimony. I wish they wouldn´t do that. But I´m glad we get to help them come back. We´ve also had some great lessons with them too. But it´s just interesting right now. I don´t know how much to write about. I feel like a lot of stuff I want to talk about concerning the lessons is people´s personal stuff. It´s hard to know what to write and what not to write. And it´s hard to remember. So much jazz goes on during the week in lessons and it´s hard enough to understand what´s going down in Spanish, let alone remember it. I am definitely excited to get fluent. Once that happens the lesson section will be longer here. We should have a few baptisms to report on in a couple weeks! 

I just had a Rhapsody in Blue moment. The trains were running at minimum (Even though it´s not a weekend or holiday) and we were barely able to squeeze into the huge crowd inside the train. We were all pushed against each other and then we saw the next station had at least 100 people needing to get on. I don´t think they all did, but we were all packed beyond tight and holding onto the rail above and I felt exactly like the Rhapsody in Blue cartoon in Fantasia 2000. I half expected us to come out like them but we didn´t.

 Remember how I said that they put a movie in half the poster slots in the city? Last week and this week it´s all been Ender´s Game (El Juego de Ender). That´s a low blow. Well, in two years I´ll get to see it. I´ve seen enough of the poster. Not to be rude or anything, but I don´t remember there being an African American woman in Ender´s Game. She´s on the posters with everyone else but I have no idea who she is supposed to be. Tell me how it is! Don´t reveal any plot changes or anything. Just tell me how it is and I´ll experience all that jazz for myself later. 

For mum´s question: We buy food separately, cook separately, and we eat at like 10-11PM depending on the season and what we make. Ya, my comp goes home in 2 weeks but he doesn´t like to talk about it even though everyone else wants to. Ya, we probably will have baptisms before he goes. Ya, the ads are kind of sketch. You have to watch where you look. Especially pharmacies, of all things. Yay Europe! 

Back to food: We have food again! Huzzah! I got a little adventurous. I have a nice little jar of jamón* flavored paté and I found hummus! And the cheese is interesting here. I´m excited to try all of them. I´ve never eaten so much havarti cheese in my life. It´s the most normal, but you can get fancy aged cheese and weird kinds like gouda. I got these things called polvorónes and mantecados. It´s code for super dang crumbly shortbread. You put them in your mouth and it´s instant crumbs. Not bad, though. I´m also excited to try the King´s Day food that they already have out. There´s no Thanksgiving and Christmas isn´t that big so they already are decorating and whatnot. 

I think Jed needs to meet one of the guys in my piso,** Elder Anderson. He loves Star Wars so much and told me all this jazz about it. He´s read tons of the books by George Lucas and all the other official jazz. There´s so much information and he just went on for a few hours. There´s a lot of stuff before, between, and after the movies. Like Luke apparently goes to the dark side before the 6th and after the 5th and that´s why he uses a force choke; and they didn´t kill the real Emperor, it´s apparently one of the many clones and they have to do all that after the last 3 movies and there´s a whole dang series on Jango Fett! I have no idea why because he´s the most random character ever. Anyways...

We saw the new temple video! We got to all see it in our native language and it was interesting. The beginning and creation were pretty boss. They did a lot of green screen scenes. The actors were different. I feel like Satan ruined it as he always does in real life. I prefer the old actor. Eve cried and smiled at the most random times. But they did a lot of cool things like make Satan deceitful and the wilderness was very different. I wish they´d alternate them both, though. I still want to be able to see the old one again.

The Zone meeting after the temple changed a few things. Now we have to be in sight and sound every moment in the piso. It´s not bad for some pisos, but ours is divided into like 9 small rooms and has a lot of hallways. So basically if your comp needs to go anywhere farther than 10 feet from you, you´re going with him. It´ll take quite a bit of getting used to.

The nights here are interesting. The sky is very bright navy and the clouds are between light grey and white. It all apparently happens because we´re in such a big city. I´ve been exhausted so many nights recently. And I´ve had weird dreams. If any of you have missed hearing my weird dreams, or have never heard one, here´s one. I dreamt that for our morning exercise we had to fight lions in the Coliseum and all we had was two baseball bats, a sword, and a computer. Weird. There´s so much more.

So for the last week, the people who clean the streets have been on a strike. It also means no garbage is picked up off the streets. It´s disgusting now. In one week a lot of stuff gets on the ground. Everything from cigarettes to flyers to fecal matter. It´s legal to go to the bathroom on the streets. Usually only drunks do it in corners but people let their kids just let it loose in the street. Although, it looks kind of funny when they are holding them in the air folded up and squeezing them like a lemon to let them poo in the dirt. You see strange things here. Yay for Europe again!

I have to go through my emails and remove all the ç letters after every paragraph. In American keyboards the enter button is wide but here they took a chunk out and fit a nice little ç in their for the French. You´re welcome France. There are some random keys here. I will never understand the purpose of the ¬ symbol. Such are the mysteries of life.

Love you all loads! Sorry if I don´t write back as much as I should. I hope this is sufficient. See you later! Miss you all!

-Elder Morgan the Younger

*ham
**apartment

No comments:

Post a Comment