Monday, April 6, 2015

Nakkikeito‏

Well, we have had an interesting week of bathing. Our water heater doesn´t work anymore and our dueño (Owner? No idea what it is in English) has been on vacation for Holy Week. Oddly enough, our gas stove still works so every morning we´ve boiled a big pot of water and mixed with our arctic water in tubs and used a small pot to pour it on ourselves. My companion tried to use the shower normally but he started entering hypothermia so we decided it was not the best course of action. Also, I shower while listening to a group called The Lower Lights that sings the hymns a bit more upbeat and folk-ish. My companion also has a recording of Mumford and Sons singing Come Thou Fount. The music plus the style of bathing makes me feel really old school. Hopefully our dueño will be back today and we will enjoy warm showers and actually clean dishes.

My companion made Nakkikeito at a member´s house. We call it "Sopa Matarusos" or "Russian Killer Soup." Because it was used in the Winter War during WWII to basically lead starving, freezing Russian soldiers into a trap. Sad story. Good soup.

Conference was great. It seemed to go really fast, though. No idea why. It just flew by so fast. Also it was quite interesting to realize that it´s the last conference for me in the mission. When I heard that they were making a temple in Thailand I knew that Tony, Riley, Tessa, the Linthaleths, and the Mormon population of Thailand would be flipping a biscuit. I bet it will look so cool! They always try to style it after local architecture so it should be cool.  Between sessions the cowboy elders were showing people how to lasso with a rope they brought and the victim was a poor stool from the hallway. It was pretty entertaining. 

We went out to that little city, Boadilla, again and among the people we found, we found the member family that the others had found last week that just didn´t know where the chapel was! Also, the guy from the family who we found was contacted by the member we brought with us which was a good experience for her. We got to go in their house and meet them and bless their home since they just moved there. Fun experience.

Also, us missionaries are enjoying the Warheads and I have some nice videos of poor members who did not realize the extent that sourness could reach.

Well I actually am sick and actually lost my voice which makes mission work interesting. Especially contacting. I woke up sounding like Christian Bale as Batman a few days ago. So of course I quoted every line I could remember. On the plus side, I have been able to sing lower and sing bass notes louder in my time of illness.

I didn´t hear the "No!" during the sustainings in Conference but I went back and heard it. That was quite interesting. Haters gonna hate.

I love you all! See you later!

Os quiero,
Elder Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment