Monday, February 9, 2015

Baby, It's Cold Outside

Well this week got dang cold. I believe that Polar Vortex of Death or whatever people were mentioning hit us finally. I finally whipped out those thermal pants Mom sent last year because we had a long day in the streets when it was below freezing. It snowed lightly here and we had almost a normal amount of snowing for a couple minutes. In the north and even in Villalba it was snowed quite a bit more. Elder Sargent, from Villalba, said it was a blizzard in Leon. I am hoping for enough snow to stick on the ground here! I miss it so much.

Well not much stuff happened this week. A man with a teardrop tattoo contacted us in the street. For all of you who don´t know what that means, it means he killed somebody. Scary. He also told us how and why. His friend tried to kill his dad and him so he got a machete and got him after. And he had quite some apostate thoughts. He told us that you could steal if you were starving and he said that money was more powerful than God. In fact, he even said the phrase that "you can do anything in this world if you have money" which sounds eerily familiar. I was waiting for lightning or a pillar of fire to come down.

We stopped a moving car! Some genius parked his car outside the chapel which is on a hill and forgot to put all the brakes on. It started rolling right when we all walked by and we wondered who was the genius driving it until we realized there was no genius in it so we had to pull some feats of strength and stop it. On the subject of people and cars, double parking is somewhat legal in Spain but here they just do it everywhere! Almost every day during studies there´s somebody honking their horn because somebody trapped them with a double parking. And I´ve seen quite a few traffic jams where the source is just one double parked car in the wrong spot. And I think when the Bizarre Foods show went to Spain they got trapped by double parking too. Glad I´m not driving here.

Well my birthday was pretty uneventful. I got a text from a convert and a call from another missionary and a call from President Jackson. In case I haven´t told you in the past, President and Hermana Jackson call every missionary on their birthday and wish them a happy birthday and sing their special happy birthday duet which sounds pretty boss. But not much else happened. I had a very nice breakfast and lunch I made too. That´s all I really expected from an area I´d been in for almost 3 weeks.

The computer is no longer a monster so I can send pics. We write in a pretty normal locutorio, but they have a cool system here. Instead of just paying for what you used up that day, you buy a chunk of hours and they give you a little username and password and you use it up as you go. But ya, I´ll send that.

Not much else to report. We have a lot of cool people that we teach and have found. Everything is going pretty well here. Nothing sticks out--thus my random stories--but it´s just chill. I´m fine with that for now. Love you all! Thanks for all the birthday emails!

Os quiero,
Elder Morgan


Cool Buildings in Madrid



Interesting Graffiti Art in Moncloa Metro Station


Elder Morgan was happy to find his favorite author in a bookstore

And here's his favorite book series in Spanish



No comments:

Post a Comment