Monday, December 16, 2013

DUNKED

I opened the package. I´m excited for everything, and I think I have a pretty good idea what presents are. The little 6" Christmas tree chills on my desk.

Most importantly, WE HAD A BAPTISM! Henry from Nigeria was baptized on Saturday and confirmed on Sunday. This makes me happy because I know that I at least have one baptism. I was very afraid of a "seed planting" mission because Europe is difficult. Ya, it´s pretty great. And there´s more of them on the way. It was so dang hard though. There were forces definitely trying to stop this baptism. The Zone Leader, Bishop, and Ward Mission Leader all forgot about the baptism and things related to it. The Zone Leader forgot about the baptismal interview but we were barely able to fit it in right before the baptism. The Bishop wanted us to move it. And the ward mission leader forgot so the day of the baptism we had to sort of break into everything in the church to get the baptism set up by ourselves. Really it was looking for hidden keys and asking for passwords and figuring out the pipe system in the "dungeon." Ya, it´s these stone steps behind the church that are covered by a metal grate and you find random antiques and whatnot down there. But we eventually got everything opened, filled, printed, and whatnot. We celebrated with kebabs (the greatest food ever) and now we can relax again.

Random side note: There are many types of kebaps/kebabs. Shish kebab is what we have at home. Döner kebabs are delicious grilled meat shaved off and put in a sort of pita bread thing with lettuce and special sauces and a Dürum is that just shoved tightly into a tortilla type thing. Doner is the best. It´s also called shawarma. Remember in the Avengers that Iron Man asked if they wanted to go eat shawarma down the street and during the credits it shows them eating in a half destroyed restaurant? That is what a Doner kebab is. It´s wonderful.

Not much else to tell. We have plans to go to a member´s house on Nochebuena (Christmas Eve) and on Christmas. If all goes to plan, I should be able to make biscuit cinnamon rolls as well! My trainer gave me a recipe for biscuits without cream of tartar. I´m excited because there will be a lot of ward friends there and it sounds awesome.

I gotta cut this short because I have a lot to do and before that I have to write Mom. See you guys soon! Love you loads!

Elder Morgan the Younger


No comments:

Post a Comment